Personal Information Protection Policy
Sankyo Frontier Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) recognizes that protecting personal information in carrying out our business shall be our social responsibility, and hereby establishes the Personal Information Protection Policy as described below and ensures that all employees are fully aware of the policy to provide adequate protection.
1. Collection of personal information
When collecting personal information, the Company shall collect personal information through appropriate means and limit the collection of information to that which is necessary for conducting its operations. When collecting personal information, the Company shall clarify the purpose of collection and use, as well as the contact point for inquiries.
2. Prohibition on collection of certain personal information
The Company shall not collect, use or provide personal information of sensitive nature that may lead to social discrimination. However, the same shall not apply in cases where otherwise specially directed by law, such action is necessary to comply with any judicial proceeding, or an explicit consent from the individual concerned is obtained in relation to collection, use or provision of such information.
3. Use of personal information
4. Provision and outsourcing of personal information
When providing personal information to third parties, the Company shall provide and outsource information within the scope of the purpose of use for which consent has been obtained from the individual. Furthermore, the Company shall conclude necessary agreements with those to which personal information is provided, and take any other measures as required by law.
5. Implementation of security measures
In order to ensure the accuracy and security of personal information, the Company shall strive for proper management of personal information, and take preventive and corrective measures against any unauthorized access to, loss of, destruction of, falsification of, and leakage of personal information.
6. Compliance with laws and regulations
The Company shall comply with applicable laws, guidelines, principles and other standards established by Japan to ensure that personal information is protected.
7. Use of information for purposes other than the original intent
The Company shall not use personal information beyond the extent necessary for fulfilling the identified purpose of use. Additionally, the Company shall take necessary measures to ensure this, build a personal information protection management system in accordance with the company regulations defined by the Company, and appropriately handle information assets pertaining to collection, use, and provision of personal information.
8. Continuous improvement of personal information protection management system
The Company shall continuously review and improve our personal information protection management system.
9. Consultation for complaints and information disclosure regarding personal information
By establishing the following point of inquiry, the Company shall respond in a prompt, sincere and appropriate manner.
SANKYO FRONTIER CO.,LTD. SINGAPORE BRANCH
150 Beach Road, #28-04 Gateway West, Singapore 189720
T: +65 6957 6268 [9:00 to 17:00, Monday to Friday (except holidays)]
SANKYO FRONTIER CO., LTD. (HEAD OFFICE)
5 Shintoyofuta Kashiwa-shi, Chiba Prefecture, Japan 277-8539
Administrative Division, General Affairs Group, Sankyo Frontier Co., Ltd.
Tel: +81-4-7133-6666 [9:00 to 17:00, Monday to Friday (except holidays)]
Handling of Personal Information Retained by the Company that is under the Scope of Disclosure
1. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
The personal information collected by the Company shall be used in accordance with the purposes listed below:
- Forwarding of direct mail regarding the Company’s business, and sales activities pertaining to informational purposes by way of e-mail.
- There are cases where personal information, which has been appropriately collected through the media that is either publicly disclosed or available on the market, would be used for the various purposes that have been aforementioned.
- Personal information (name, address, telephone number, e-mail address) may be provided to our group companies or affiliated companies that are listed below:
- Frontier Logistics Co., Ltd.
- Sankyo Frontier Myanmar Co., Ltd.
- Sankyo Frontier Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
- Sankyo Frontier Technologies Myanmar Co., Ltd.
Provision of personal information to third parties other than the Company will be suspended by the request of the individual that is the principle of information.
2. Request for Disclosure, Correction and Suspension of Use
The Company shall respond to any requests made by the individual for disclosure, correction, notification or addition of the purpose to use, and the veto to use or provide, during the period in which the Company retains the individual’s personal data. Please follow the procedure shown below for any of the requests stated above.
3. Procedure for Request of Disclosure, etc.
After filling in the required items of the specified form that is sent from the Company, please send the form to the following address together with the requester’s identity verification document.
At the time of inquiry, the Company shall verify the identity of the individual or the authorized representative.
Please note that we are unable to comply with requests in the following cases:
- If an identity verification of the individual or the authorized representative cannot be completed;
- If disclosure is likely to harm human life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the individual concerned or a third party;
- If disclosure is likely to seriously impede the proper execution of our business; or
- If disclosure violates other laws and regulations.